Adult Group Leadership
Experience what God can do when you say yes to leading a group.
Be a part of someone's story.
Group leaders create a place for people to talk about life and grow their faith.
You don’t have to be perfect to lead a group. And you don’t need to be a Bible scholar to be used by God to lead others. Group leaders create a place where people can be real and grow. They get front-row seats to the faith journeys of others and find that their faith grows along the way.
Curious about group leadership? It’s easier than ever to lead because we’re providing everything you need, including weekly studies, ideas for socials, and more. We provide the plan. You provide the leadership. Take a step and see how God can use you to create a place for people to connect and grow.
Group leaders are...
Great leaders promote participation by sharing group responsibilities.
They are not responsible for every group task.
Great leaders are transparent about their struggles and how God is working in their lives.
They don’t need to have a mistake-free life.
Great leaders guide those they lead and support them as they grow.
They don’t need a theology degree to be used by God to lead others.
Every leader has an expert coach to guide them and provide a plan for their group.
They won’t have to figure out by themselves how to lead or what to study.
How we'll help you lead...
You’ll be provided with an expert coach to personally guide you as you lead.
New Leader Onboarding
You’ll be equipped to lead great group meetings and launch your group well.
We'll provide you with a plan for what your group will study for the semester.
You’ll be provided with ongoing trainings to help you continue to grow as a leader.
Hear about leadership from people just like you.
"Leading a group together has been one of the best things we’ve done. It’s grown us personally as well as together. Now we can’t imagine not leading."
"Stepping up to lead has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my own spiritual growth. I’ve learned so much that’s helped me in other areas of life as well as in leading my group."
"At first I wasn’t sure I was ready to lead. Looking back, I’m so glad I took the step to lead. I love my group and my faith has grown through leading. It’s also been great to have a staff person I know I can call when I have questions."
Ready to become a leader?
We’ve made it as easy as possible for you to begin leading a group. Here’s how.
- Review the Leader Overview.
- Apply online.
- Interview with a Groups staff member.
To create a small group environment where people can pursue authentic community and spiritual growth.
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more).
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives.
- Have Community Group experience (preferably).
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group.
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members.
- Commit to engaging in leadership development opportunities provided by the church.
- Recognize the influence associated with group leadership.
- For Married Community Groups, both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities.