Bonus Session One
In some ways, we can’t help but be influenced by the culture around us. In America, intimacy is a popular but largely misunderstood topic. Television, movies, books, magazines, and music are full of confusing information, observations, and advice. They are powerful influences that help shape our understanding of intimacy.
With so many factors influencing us, is it any wonder we don’t necessarily see eye-to-eye on the subject of intimacy? What does God say about intimacy? Our desire to feel deeply connected to another person is God-given. God wants us to find fulfillment and satisfaction through a relationship with him. But he also designed us to experience fulfillment and satisfaction through the intimacy of marriage. Marital intimacy is a pursuit of oneness-an ongoing quest to discover as much as we can about our spouses and to reveal everything about ourselves.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- When Two Become One by Christopher McCluskey and Rachel McCluskey
- Never Alone Devotions for Couples by David and Teresa Ferguson
- Building a Great Sex Life is Not Rocket Science by The Gottman Institute
- Couple Checkup
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy and Kathy Keller