Communication and Conflict
Have you ever found yourself waiting for your spouse to finish speaking so you can offer your rebuttal? Do you sometimes hold back because you think your spouse won’t understand? Or maybe you think you communicate clearly, but your spouse never quite gets your meaning. Why is communication in marriage so difficult? With God’s help and the use of the communication and conflict resolution tools in this session, you’ll be able to develop your skills and improve your connection with your spouse. After you watch this week’s video, set aside some time to discuss the Couple Conversation Questions below.
- How to Have That Difficult Conversation You’ve Been Avoiding by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- How to Argue So Your Spouse Will Listen: 6 Principles for Turning Arguments into Conversations by Sharon Morris May, Ph.D.
- How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich
- I Said This, You Heard That by Kathleen Edelman
- Climate Change (Part 3: “Stormy Weather”) by Jeff Henderson
- Me & My Big Mouth by Andy Stanley
- Couple Checkup (couplecheckup.com)
- I Said This, You Heard That (isaidyouheard.study)
- The Four Horsemen: Criticism, Contempt, Defensiveness, and Stonewalling, The Gottman Institute (gottman.com)